We are very, very proud to announce something that we’ve worked on for quite some time: the Whisky Suggest App for iOS and Android.
Scan a bottle, see the flavors
Discover the world’s most accurate whisky flavor profiles. Use the barcode scanner to easily find out what a whisky tastes like and get personalized whisky recommendations.
After analysing well over 75,000 whisky reviews and tasting notes, WhiskySuggest has created unique and highly detailed Flavor Profiles. Use these flavor profiles to:
- Find whiskies by flavor. We have over 250 flavors to choose from.
- Find a whisky that is similar to whiskies you like.
- Browse through our inventory of 45,000+ whiskies.
- Scan a whisky barcode and get flavor information instantly.
Use the Flavor Search Engine and create your personal wishlist
WhiskySuggest allows you to easily find a salty and smoky whisky. Or perhaps you prefer a rye-spicy bourbon? Find whisky that is similar to both Glenfiddich 12 Year Old and The Glenlivet 12 Year Old within seconds. And use the barcode scanner* to find out what a whisky tastes like (and what others think about it) when you’re in a liquor store, or anywhere else.
But that’s not all.
- Create your own personal whisky collection. Make it public or keep it private.
- Rate, review and save tasting notes of whiskies you have enjoyed (or hated!)
- Discover new whiskies and add them to your whisky wishlist.
- Follow other users and browse through their collections.
- Find whisky retailers that ship to your location very easily.
- Get recommendations based on your personal preferences and whisky history (Coming soon!)
Please note: this is our first release
Although we have tested the Whisky Suggest App very thoroughly, it can have some bugs or things that don’t work smoothly. It’s just like with whisky distilling – the first release will not be the best one, but it’s a big step in the right direction.
We’re striving to perfection, so all your questions, feedback and feature requests are always welcome! You can contact us here.
*Because most whiskies have a barcode on the packaging only, we’re also working on a bottle label scanner. This requires a lot of fine tuning and testing, which is why we have added a barcode scanner first, until we’re satisfied with the whisky label scanning results.
Download the Whisky Suggest App here: