It’s spring, which means that the international whisky festival season is about to start. We’ve compiled a list with some of the best, must-attend events for whisky enthusiasts. Experience the ultimate whisky entertainment at an international whisky event, at the exact location where your favorite whisky is created.
1. Spirit of Speyside Festival (May 1-6)
The Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival takes place at multiple locations, throughout the beautiful Scottish Speyside region.
More info: SpiritOfSpeyside.com
2. Highland Whisky Festival (May 10-17)
Several whisky distilleries have teamed up to host the first Highland Whisky Festival, which takes place at Wolfburn, Glenmorangie, Glen Ord and five other Highland distilleries.
More info: HighlandWhiskyFestival.com
3. Fèis Ìle (May 24 – June 1)
Every year, thousands of peat lovers and other whisky fanatics visit the lovely island of Islay for the annual Fèis Ìle: Islays week of whisky fun and entertainment.
More info: IslayFestival.com
4. Tasmanian Whisky Week (Aug. 12-18)
Another whisky festival on an island, but this time at the other end of the world. With over fifteen Tasmanian distilleries, this Australian island is a real gem for whisky travelers.
More info: TasWhiskyWeek.com
5. Kentucky Bourbon Festival (Sept. 18-22)
Visit Bardstown -the bourbon capital of the world- for the Kentucky Bourbon Festival, or enjoy live music and bourbon at the nearby Bourbon & Beyond in Louisville, Kentucky.
More info: KYBourbonFestival.com
Other amazing whisky festivals and events around the world
6. The Whisky Fair, Limburg (Germany) – April 27-28
7. KY Bourbon Affair, Louisville, KY (USA) – June 4-8
8. Maltstock, Nijmegen (The Netherlands) – September 6-8
9. Whisky Colours Festival, Dufftown (Scotland) – October 10-14
10. Victoria Whisky Festival, Victoria, BC (Canada) – January 16-19, 2020
Glenfiddich is one of many distilleries opening their doors during Spirit of Speyside Festival